Sunday, October 18, 2009

Mickey attends a Diwali Celebration

It was a perfect weekend for Mickey to come to my house. Saturday, October 17th was Diwali - the Indian festival of lights. We celebrate Diwali every year this time of year. We woke up early on Saturday morning and got ready for the celebrations in the evening. Mickey and I had breakfast with my Mom and Dad and my sister. In the evening, my Mom and sister lit lots of candles called 'Diya's' around the house to celebrate light. In the evening almost 80 people came to our house for a Diwali party. My friends got to play with Mickey as well. My sister and her friend Layla did a special Indian classical dance and Mickey got to watch.

After dinner, Mickey, my Dad and I and my friends went out to our backyard to light up special fireworks for Diwali. We had sparklers, and fountains and ground wheels and snakes that light up in smoke. It started to rain so we had to go back inside. We then played tag in the basement with my friends. Mickey got to watch that too. Having Mickey come to our Diwali party made it extra special!

Mickey also got to meet his twin in my room! I have a statue of Mickey as Obi Wan Kenobi in my bedroom. We bought the statue when we visited Disney World in 2008. Obi Wan's sabre lights up blue. It may have scared Mickey to see himself as Obi Wan Kenobi.






On Sunday morning, I woke up and had to study and do my Kumon math homework. Mickey got to watch, though he couldn't help. I think he was a little tired from the night before since the Diwali party ended late. So we stayed home and rested. But the weekend was great fun and having Mickey with me made it extra special.




1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful experience for Mickey to get to have, Jai! I'm glad that he helped make Diwali extra special for you. I bet that Mickey loved meeting his Jedi brother! Great writing, great pictures! Keep up the great writing, Jai!:) Mr. Pask

    ReplyDelete

Mickey at the park

Mickey at the park
Mickey up a tree!