Monday, November 16, 2009

My Crazy Weekend With Mickey!

I was so excited to get Mickey for the weekend, but I warned him we were going to be crazy busy!

On Friday night Mickey came with me and my mom to Family Fun Night. It was very crowded. Mickey and I saw Abby, Thomas and my friend Caitlyn. We played a bunch of different bingo games and at the end we played full board. Mickey and I were one space away from winning the grand prize. We didn’t win, but we had fun anyway.

On Saturday morning we woke up early to go to the Back From Iraq Parade with my CCD class. It was raining and cold, but Mickey and I were happy to be there to welcome the soldiers home.

After the parade there was a carnival at the armory for the soldiers and the community. My favorite part was the rock climbing wall. I made it to the top but Mickey didn’t want to go on. He said, “It’s too high for me!”

From the carnival we had to race to my soccer game in Millburn. It rained the whole game and it was so muddy. Mickey decided to watch the game from the car. He was so happy my team won 2-0. I was so happy too!

Sunday was really busy too. In the morning I went to my friend Brendan’s football game. He lost but played a good game. Mickey was too tired from yesterday to go, he wanted to stay in bed. Later I had another soccer game and this time it was home. Grandpa, Uncle Jimmy and Mickey came to watch me play. Mickey was so excited because I scored my first goal in the last quarter. Everyone was so happy we won.


After the great game Grandpa took all of us out to Charlie Brown’s for dinner. Mickey and I were so hungry. I had chicken fingers and Mickey ate all my french fries. Mickey and I also had ice cream and some of Grandpa’s huge fudge brownie sundae. When dinner was over we all said goodbye and went home to get ready for bed.



I told Mickey I had a great time with him this weekend and he said he had fun too but hopes the next time is not as crazy. Me too Mickey!

2 comments:

  1. Mary,

    Thanks for putting me in your blog! Great job in your soccer game!


    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a weekend you had with Mickey, Mary! I'm so glad that you both got to go to the Back from Iraq parade, how special! Great writing! :) Mr. Pask

    ReplyDelete

Mickey at the park

Mickey at the park
Mickey up a tree!