Tuesday, November 5, 2013



Awesomesauce Weekend With Mickey
By Will Deyerle
November 4, 2013


Straight when I got Mickey, I was so excited to finally have a weekend with him. Let’s find out what it was like!

First of all, I made him a rainbow loom bracelet. It was a glow in the dark neon one, and it had an s-clip. It was so cool. Mickey was so excited for his first fishtail bracelet and he’s been wearing it ever since!

Now, you’ll see the next picture of me and Mickey munching on something to eat. It was green beans. Mickey didn’t like it at first, but after he had a little bit of milk, he was fine.



Finally, at the end of the day, our Pop-Pop came over to say hi. Mickey was so surprised because he saw a new face, but he was very excited. When I introduced him, Mickey shook my Pop-Pop’s hand!




Mickey slept on a bunch of old pillows in my room that night. When he woke up in the morning with tired looking eyes, he said that he had slept great. I believed him, even though his eyes were tired. I knew what he meant.

Saturday was hockey day for me. Mickey said he was too tired, so he couldn’t come to the rink. I said, “Oh well. Have a fun time watching TV!” When I came home, I went to my room to check on him. He was snoring like crazy.

Later that day, I gave him something to read. It was a comic book. Although it did have a lot of pictures, it still had words. Mickey was so thrilled with the comic book; his favorite part was when mini-Hulk figures appeared in the Hulk cereal. That’s kind of complicated to explain, but he liked it.

On Sunday, I woke up a little bit earlier than I usually do, because I wanted to start the day. I came downstairs and put Mickey on the couch. Later that morning, we had breakfast. It was good. I think Mickey is kind of a fan of toasted rice cereal! Together we gulped down our bowls.

And then, I had a container of pomegranate yogurt.

Next, we started watching a couple of shows. Mickey said his favorite was “Teen Titans Go!”, and mine was the same. I was surprised that he liked a bunch of teenage superheros fighting over stuff. It turns out, he really wanted to see Robin throw the boomerang bombs at his test dummies.

A couple of hours later, we had lunch. His favorite was a roast beef sandwich with cheese. Not a surprise that he liked the cheese! After all, he is a mouse.

Finally, I told Mickey that he was going to meet my sister Tess … again. You see, Tess was in Mr. Pask’s class three years ago, and had taken Mickey home too.  After all that time, Mickey was surprised to see her familiar face again. We all sat down together to take a picture.


And THAT was my awesomesauce weekend with Mickey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mickey at the park

Mickey at the park
Mickey up a tree!