Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Mickey Hangs with the McDonalds

We got to spend the Christmas break with Mickey.  Even though we had 12 days off from school, the break went so fast.


We are always running around for activities, so my mom said we could have a lazy vacation.  We stayed in our pjs a lot.  I did have a few hockey games.  Mickey got to see me play goalie.  Mickey is a VERY LOUD whistler!!!!  Sheesh.

On Christmas Eve, Mickey went to our cousins house to celebrate Christmas.  Mickey helped us hand out the gifts to our cousins - Ryan, Patrick, Lily, C.J. and Faye.  While we were there, our puppy Riley knocked over my Aunt's Christmas tree!!!  Thankfully no one was hurt, especially Mickey.  A few ornaments broke and the lights looked funny after that, but we still had a good time.

Mickey helped me and my brothers and sister put out the cookies and milk for Santa and carrots for the reindeer.  He also was able to hug our Elf on the Shelf goodbye.  We are not allowed to touch him except for on the last night before he goes back to the North Pole until next December.

The next morning I woke Mickey up at 6:30am.  He was sleeping on a bean bag in my office.  My mom's family came over on Christmas day.  Mickey was a big hit.

We went to my dad's friends cabin in the Catskills for a night, but left Mickey at our house in New Jersey.  We were afraid Mickey would not like the woods!  I don't think Mickey threw a party while we were gone, but I did find some confetti behind the cushions on the couch….hmmmm.

We had a nice quiet New Years Eve.  Mickey watched the Islander game with me, but fell asleep at 10:00.  Which I guess is good because my brother Dan, my sister Erin and my parents all watched the ball drop in my parent's bed.  My little brother Kevin was already asleep too.  He and Mickey would not have fit in the bed.  It was really cramped with just the 5 of us.



We really liked having Mickey visit us all these days.  We hope Mickey has a happy 2014!!!!!
-John McDonald



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mickey at the park

Mickey at the park
Mickey up a tree!