Sunday, December 27, 2009

MICKEY'S HENDRIX HOLIDAY!!









This is Mickey when he first got to Skytop with me on December 26th. Skytop is in the Poconos and it is where my Grandma has a cottage. I spend a lot of time there but this was Mickey's first time at Skytop. When we got there we went straight to the Skytop Lodge game room, and Mickey seemed to have a lot of fun there. Until he asked where he could find some cheese. We quickly went to the Tea room, which is where we eat when we spend time at "the Lodge." 

When Mickey and I got home we were very tired, from opening so many presents the day before. We watched the movie "Imagine That" until we were to tired to watch any more so we went up to bed. I showed Mickey his room and as I was showing him around he must of fell asleep on his bed. I put a blanket on top of Mickey and he quietly began to snore. Mickey's snoring made me so tired I fell asleep, too.

Today Mickey and I are going to Church with my grandmother, my family, and my cousins. When we come back we will go for a h
ike around the lake and if it snows enough we will go dog sledding. Mickey said he's kind of nervous to go dog sledding because it's his first time. But then I told him it would be fun and he went from nervous to excited. But today is only Sunday and we have much more fun things for Mickey and I to do.
         

















While we were at Skytop we went ice skating at the indoor door ice skating rink.  I think Mickey liked the hot chocolate as much as I do.  We never went dog sledding because the snow started to melt a lot!  Mickey and I were happy to stay home together.

         We went home to Westfield on Wednesday so we could get home before the snow storm.  It snowed so much that we made a snowman with my brother Creighton, that we named Frosty Jr.  Mickey was only outside a short time because he was getting very cold.  We had a great New Years Eve and Mickey was a really good Monopoly player.  He almost beat my brother Christopher!
         I had a great break and it was so much fun to share it all with Mickey.  Mickey fit right in with my family and enjoyed all the activities.  He also enjoyed all the food -- especially the cheese.

     










Happy New Year!




  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Caroline,
    It sounds like your vacation was a lot of fun and I'm sure Mickey had a great time. I can't believe you were in the Poconos when I was there. I stayed at the Inn at Pocono Manor and went skiing at Camelback. It rained on Saturday so we couldn't go dog-sledding either. We went ice skating too. I enjoyed reading your blog.
    Your friend,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline,

    What a break you had with Mickey! Your new digital camera took great pictures also! GREAT JOB!

    Mr. Pask

    ReplyDelete

Mickey at the park

Mickey at the park
Mickey up a tree!