Sunday, February 28, 2016

Mickey's last February days with Michael

     Wow, what a weekend!  Mickey was with me at some of the most important events of my year!  On Saturday, Mickey came to my Odyssey of the Mind tournament.  I was really nervous because if my team didn't win 1st, 2nd or 3rd, we wouldn't move on to the state tournament.  I was so excited when Mickey came and saw me perform. When I was waiting to hear who moves on, the announcers waited until the end to announce 1st place. My stomach became so knotty, but I kept thinking about how Mickey would give us good luck.  And he did!  My team won 1st place!  We will move on to states in April.  This is a picture of my team:  



     On Sunday, Mickey came to my last "8 years old and under" swim meet.  I swam in a 200 yard freestyle relay with my teammates and friends Noah LeBlank, Keaton Sheperd and Hudson Willcomes (they are in the first picture below). I also swam my first 50 yard butterfly, my first 50 yard backstroke, and a 50 yard freestyle. I thought about how he brought me luck last night and hoped that with him in the balcony, I would swim even faster than usual.  And I did!  I beat my personal best in the 50 free and did well in my other events also.  Mickey helped me again! 



   
     To celebrate my terrific weekend, my Nana took me out to lunch.  Mickey came too.  We went to the Summit Diner.  Their pancakes were so good!  Mickey didn't order, because he wasn't hungry.  Nana and I talked about how she and my dad and my grandfather used to go there all the time.  Mickey didn't say anything - he's a quiet mouse!  I had such a fun weekend with Mickey.  He definitely brings me good luck! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mickey at the park

Mickey at the park
Mickey up a tree!