Monday, June 21, 2010

Mickey's Birthday Packed Weekend







On Friday afternoon Ella had a birthday party for her friend Declan so my friend's mom had to pick us up from school and bring us to the party. When Ella saw Mickey, she yelled "Miccey Mouuu" and gave him a big hug. After Declan's party we had a quiet night at home.

The next morning my cousin, Alyssa, and my Uncle Mike visited from Connecticut to help Ella celebrate her 2nd birthday. Ella's party began at 11am. There was a moon bounce, a play-doh table, a fishing game and a rice table. Mickey thought that the fishing game was a little scary because he was worried that he might fall in the pool, but he really enjoyed the moon bounce. I did too!

As soon as Ella's party was over at 12:30, Jack's baseball team arrived for their end of the season party. Since Jack plays baseball with Rebecca's brother Adam, Rebecca was at the baseball party too. Mickey was so excited to see Rebecca again. My good friend, Kaela was there too. It was so hot, we decided to put our feet in the fishing game left over from Ella's party. Mickey wanted to cool down too, but we told him dipping his feet would ruin his shoes.


When the baseball team hit the road, we had a quick break then we were off to Theresa's 2nd birthday party. Theresa is Ella's first friend and their birthdays are just a day apart. The party was at the town pool. By that time, it was super hot and Mickey really wanted to take a dip. We told him it wasn't a good idea but he could watch by the edge.

Finally the parties were all over. Mickey was exhausted, but our day wasn't done yet. We packed up for the beach and said good-bye to Alyssa and Uncle Mike. Mickey read Goosebumps on the way down. He fell asleep while reading. Then he must have had a nightmare because he woke up screaming. That got Ella going. Try sleeping with a 2 year screaming, "I know Papou; I know Yia Yia". Thanks a lot Mickey!

We spent a quiet day on the beach on Father's Day. For Dad's Father Day gift, I let him read the last few chapters of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollow's with me. Mickey got a little scared when Voldemort came into the scene. I just hugged Mickey tight and covered his ears.

Papou, Dad and Mickey covered Ella's and my legs in sand. Then they covered my whole body. Ella didn't want any part of that.






After a day at the beach, Mickey and I had a nice dinner with YiaYia and Papou then enjoyed a beautiful sunset over the bay.













I hope Mickey doesn't wake up screaming for Caroline!


1 comment:

Mickey at the park

Mickey at the park
Mickey up a tree!