Thursday, June 3, 2010

Mickey's Memorial Day Weekend

To start off my weekend with Mickey, Rebecca came over and we played some volleyball, with Mickey on the sidelines cheering us on. I brought Dash outside and we let him climb a tree in my back yard. Mickey wanted to climb the tree too, but I stopped him just in time. Nothing worse than a mouse stuck in a tree you know. When Rebecca went home, Mickey and I played some volleyball together.

On Saturday, Jacqueline, Mickey and I went roller blading. Mickey's feet were too small for the roller blades, so I carried him on my back. Finally, I was hot, so we rested under the big tree in my front yard.


Sunday was BEACH DAY! Micky was so excited he waited by the car for 45 minutes while we got ready to go. My father closed him in the trunk by accident, but after Micky banged on the trunk lid for a bit, the trunk was opened and we were on our way.


When we got to the beach, we were afraid that Mickey might need a beach badge, so we smuggled him onto the beach in my mom's beach bag! Mickey couldn't find a good place to rest, so he decided to sit up on top of the umbrella! He had a strange fascination with a red plastic shovel that he would not let go of. Mice do the strangest things. Mickey was hot up there, so he climbed down and we gave him a seat. We asked him which towel he wanted, and he said he wanted the Micky Mouse towel, of course!

On Memorial Day, we went to my grandparents house, had a few snacks, and played some hide and seek. Mickey was a good hider and we couldn't find him for awhile, and we found him disguised as an oversized chipmunk behind a large bush. My granfather began to play patriotic music on his stereo. I think Mickey liked the music so he pulled an American flag out of the ground and I picked him up, gave him a big hug, and wished him a happy Memorial Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mickey at the park

Mickey at the park
Mickey up a tree!